Missoula Field Engineer (Level II Network Technician)
Are you looking for more than a job? Are you looking for an IT position that challenges and motivates you? Are you looking for an IT position that doesn’t have you sitting at your desk all day long? Are you looking to work for a company that invests as much in you, as you do in them? Univision Computers is currently looking for a Field Engineer, the most dynamic position in the company. Our Field Engineers perform a variety of remote and onsite work, work directly with customers to resolve technical issues, and assist Engineers with configuring and installing new equipment. No one day is like any other for our Field Engineers. Exciting, fast paced, challenging, interesting; all words you can use to describe the work at Univision Computers.
At Univision Computers, not only do we work with some of the top civilian and government organizations in Montana, but we offer an extensive list of benefits to our employees. We offer in-house certification training and a long list of vendor specific training, health insurance and a company matched health savings account, company matched retirement account, paid time off, company provided laptop and cell phone, and many other benefits.
Apply, and come work in one of the most dynamic and exciting MSP’s in Western Montana!
Job Description: Field Engineer (Level 2 Network Technician)
Network Engineers are strong in all the most common and popular networking technologies. In addition to strong technical aptitudes, backed by at least 1 year of in the trenches experience, this person is a good communicator and a person who can manage well when the client is in a pickle and really needs strong guidance. The pace and demands in this environment are usually much greater than an “in-house” position. This person should be prompt and/or know the importance of communicating ETA’s to clients. This person should be skillful at pre-project/work-briefings with each client on each project. This person should then be able to execute with a high degree of success in integrating and/or solving problems in environments rich in Windows Server, Exchange, IIS, Cisco Internetworking, VPN’s, firewalls, backup systems and more. The more truly capable the engineer is in all these areas, the higher the utility value.
• Documentation of Client Networks
• Small Projects
• Assist Sr. Engineers on Larger projects
• T&M service requests
• Backup Maintenance
• Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization of MS Office 365 and
Office Suite applications per customer’s preferences
• Understanding of and ability to install, configure and test workstation hardware
• Configure file, print and remote access services
• Administration, including add/remove users and groups, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup
• Takes ownership of tasks and follows through to ensure complete resolution
• Takes a personal interest in, and responsibility for, quality of work they perform or are associated with
• Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
• Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations
• Ability and willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members
• Ability to provide accurate time estimates for how long a task will take
• Understands that the success of individuals is measured by the success of their teams
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies through the use of self-study materials and intuition
• Ability to articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
• Enjoys helping people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution
• Is self-motivated and can be self-directed when necessary
• Enjoys sharing information, supporting others, and working on a team to achieve team goals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems
• Understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
• Experience with routers and firewalls
• Experience with Terminal Services
• Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
• Understanding of DNS services
• Working Knowledge of Non Cisco Firewall Technologies – SonicWALL, Linksys, NetGear, Pfsense, etc.
• Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
Credentials and Experience:
• Engineer with two to four years’ experience, an A.S. or B.S. in Network Administration or Computer Science related degree.
• Has at least one certification. The following certifications are preferred: MCITP,
MCP, CCNA/CCDA/CCNP, Project+, Network+, Apple
• Solid dependable engineer, follows directions and maximizes billing opportunities
• Consistently receives good client feedback